Rosenberg Research endeavours to protect the privacy and security of subscriber, supplier and employee records. We are committed to meeting our obligations under Canadian data privacy laws, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, S.C. 2000, c. 5, and applicable provincial laws. We adhere to the privacy principles set out below, which govern the way we collect, use, store and disclose personal information that is obtained in the course of development, sales, promotion and distribution of our products or in the course of employment.
“Personal information”, as used in this policy, means any information about an identifiable person, including employee records, and customer and supplier information. Personal information does not include:
- Information that is not personally identifiable such as type of browser or operating system you are using, your network, web pages you have visited before and after visiting ours, type of device, general location information and other similar types of anonymous or de-identified information may be collected and used by us and third parties including advertisers.
- Aggregate data that cannot be associated with a specific person, such as demographic statistics about Rosenberg Research’s customers, or number of visitors and average time spent on a website.
- Personal Information which is not protected by privacy legislation: publicly available information such as an individual’s name and address when listed in or made available through a directory, or any other information or circumstance that falls outside the scope of or is exempted by applicable privacy legislation.
Policy for the Protection of Personal Information:
We will collect, use, store and disclose personal information in accordance with the following privacy principles:
We are responsible for personal information in our possession or custody, including personal information that we may transfer to third parties for processing. We will require our service providers to agree to contractual requirements that are comparable with our privacy and security policies. We will require that our service providers are prohibited from using personal information, except for the specific purpose for which we supply it to them.
- Identifying Purposes. Either before or at the time of collection, we will identify the purposes for which we plan to use the personal information. We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
a TO CONTACT YOU IF WE HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE VIOLATED OUR TERMS OF SERVICE;
b to deliver products or provide services to our subscribers;
c to provide subscribers access to Rosenberg Research products;
d to respond to subscriber inquiries about accounts and other services;
e to understand our subscribers and prospective subscribers ’ needs and to offer products and services to meet those needs;
f to meet legal requirements.
Unless required by law, we will not use personal information for a new purpose without the knowledge and consent of the individual to whom the information relates.
- Unsubscribe. We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe from any marketing campaigns, reports, data or other content sent via email as part of the services provided by Rosenberg Research on an ongoing basis.
- Consent. Personal information will only be collected, used or disclosed with the consent of the individual, except in certain circumstances permitted or required by law. The way in which we seek consent may vary depending upon the sensitivity of the information. We will obtain consent in all cases where the personal information involved is considered sensitive, such as income or health information.
Typically, we will seek consent for the use or disclosure of personal information at the time of collection. However, additional consent will be sought after the personal information has been collected if it is required for a new purpose.
We may collect the following personal information from you:
a Account information such as name, address, postal code, email address and phone number. This information is used to fulfill your request for information, products and services.
b Subscriber ID and passwords so that you may access your account information and services.
c Usage information such as service preferences, subscription history, time spent and other customer engagement information to better understand your preferences and help us develop better products and services.
d If you choose to provide it to us, supplementary information such as gender, month and year of birth, income range, the industry you work in, your current position, and customer satisfaction information.
By using our services, we assume you consent to receive the services and information relevant to them including service notifications, personalized content and services, relevant advertising, and other communications regarding our products, services, promotions.
Payments to Rosenberg Research are processed by a separate company, which will collect credit card or banking information required to complete your sale. You will be asked to consent to the release of this information to the payment processing company.
Linking social media sites to Rosenberg Research will result in our collection of your IP address. We will also have visibility to the page you are visiting and may set a cookie to enable the linking to function properly.
In certain circumstances, obtaining consent would be inappropriate. The federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and provincial privacy laws provide for exceptions where it is impossible or impractical to obtain consent.
- Limiting Collection. We will collect personal information by fair and lawful means and will limit the amount and type of personal information we collect to that which is necessary for our identified purposes.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. We will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Subject to any applicable business, legal, or regulatory requirements, we will ensure that the data is destroyed in a secure manner, erased or made anonymous.
- Affiliates With Whom We Share Information. In some cases Rosenberg Research will disclose personal information to service providers to perform activities outside of Canada on our behalf. Your personal information may also be transferred outside of Canada for storage and processing. As a result, secure storage, use and access to your personal information may be subject to the laws of those countries.
- Accuracy. In some cases Rosenberg Research will disclose personal information to service providers to perform activities outside of Canada on our behalf. Your personal information may also be transferred outside of Canada for storage and processing. As a result, secure storage, use and access to your personal information may be subject to the laws of those countries.
- Safeguards. We will protect personal information with safeguards appropriate to the level of sensitivity of the information. Our safeguards protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. We will exercise care in the disposal or destruction of personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Our methods of protection include physical measures (e.g., restricted access to offices), organizational measures (e.g., limiting access on a need-to-know basis) and technological measures (e.g., the use of passwords and encryption). We also require our outside service providers to provide a comparable level of protection to personal information that we may supply to them.
- Individual Access. Upon written request, we will inform an individual of the existence, use and disclose of his/her personal information and give him/her reasonable access to that information. We may deny access for legally permissible reasons, such as situations where the information is prohibitively costly to provide, if it contains references to other individuals, or where it cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons.
We will advise the individual of any reason for denying an access request. When an individual demonstrates the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information held by us, we will correct or update the information as required.
To file an opt-out request, request access to your information, report incorrect information or file a complaint, please write to
Rosenberg Research & Associates Inc.